OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. No purchase or survey completion is necessary to enter or win. Completing the survey does not improve one’s chances of winning. The Honda Initial Quality Study (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence, to whom this survey/contest offer is specifically addressed and who own/lease a Honda or Acura vehicle at the time of entry in the Contest. Employees and the immediate family of employees of J.D. Power (the “Sponsor”) and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, and advertising and promotion agencies and persons domiciled with such persons, are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse. Contest starts April 1, 2021 12:01 a.m. and ends March 31, 2022, 5:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
2. There are two ways to enter the Contest.
a) To enter by completing the Survey: By completing the survey in its entirety, you will be automatically entered in the Contest. You may enter one (1) additional time via mail. Only one (1) e-mail address per entrant and only one entrant per e-mail address. Internet entries received other than through the survey URL are invalid.
Survey must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on March 31, 2022.
b) To enter without completing the Survey: Neatly hand print your full name, address (including postal code), telephone number (including area code), birth date plus an active e-mail address on a 3" x 5" card and mail it in a #10 business size envelope to:
Attention: Contest Entry – Honda Initial Quality Study
100 Dundas Street, 5th Floor
London, ON N6A 5B6
Mail entries must be postmarked by March 31, 2022 and received by J.D. Power by April 7, 2022.
c) No person may submit more than a total of two (2) Contest entries, regardless of the method of entry. Multiple mail-in entries must be submitted in separately mailed envelopes. Submitting more than two (2) Contest entries in total constitutes a violation of the rules and automatically disqualifies the person so acting from the Contest.
No mechanically or electronically reproduced entries are allowed.
3. J.D. Power and Honda Canada Inc. are not responsible for mail or electronic transmissions that are lost, late, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, delayed, misdirected or postage-due. J.D. Power and Honda Canada Inc. are also not responsible for any typographical errors in any materials relating to the Contest or for any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Incomplete non-conforming or illegible entries will be disqualified. Contest materials void if reproduced, forged, damaged, altered or tampered with in any way, if they are obtained outside authorized legitimate channels, or if they contain printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors. Multiple entries processed by scripting, computerization, and other mechanical means or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
4. Three (3) prizes of $500 gas gift cards will be awarded. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winners in claiming or using their prizes will be the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitutes. Use of gas gift cards is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. J.D. Power reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
5. The drawing for the prizes will take place on April 21, 2022 at 3:00pm. Winners to be determined in random drawings from all eligible entries received by J.D. Power, whose decisions are final on all matters pertaining to the Contest. Odds of winning prizes in the random drawings depend on the total number of qualified entries received. All entries become the property of J.D. Power and none will be returned.
6. Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant must correctly answer, unassisted, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question.
7. J.D. Power may withdraw, amend or terminate the Contest at any time or for any reason without prior notice but subject to applicable laws and the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec (the “Régie”). Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest cannot be executed as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of J.D. Power that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, J.D. Power reserves the right, subject to applicable laws and the approval of the Régie, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in its entirety. If the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, J.D. Power reserves the right, subject to applicable laws and the approval of the Régie, to stop accepting all entries and to select winners for the prize by random drawing from among all eligible entries received as at such time, including all those received via mail.
8. Potential winners will be notified by mail or e-mail on or about five (5) days after the drawing. All potential winners will be required to execute and return a Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release within ten (10) days of notification. If a potential prize winner does not return the executed Release within ten (10) days, or if said e-mail and/or mail is returned as undeliverable, or if an entrant is otherwise found to be ineligible, or if the selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, the potential prize winner will forfeit the prize and an alternative winner will be selected who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. Prizes are not transferable and may not be returned or redeemed for cash. No credit or cash given for unused portion. Gift card will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Any taxes or other expenses relating to the use, misuse, acceptance and possession of prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
9. By entering, winners consent to the use of their names, place of residence, photographs, likenesses and/or biographical information for advertising and promotion purposes in any and all media without limitation and without compensation, except where prohibited by law.
10. Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Honda Canada Inc., and on their behalf, and on behalf of their respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns (the “Releasing Parties”), release, defend and hold harmless the Contest Entities, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each (collectively the “Released Parties”), from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, sums of money, accounts, reckonings, bonds, bills, specialties, covenants, contracts, controversies, agreements, promises, variances, trespasses, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, extent, executions, claims and demands whatsoever, in law, admiralty or equity, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, against Released Parties which any one or more of the Releasing Parties ever had, now have or hereafter can, shall or may have which in any way arise out of or result from entrant’s participation, acceptance and use or misuse of prize.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; (ii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or (iii) the failure of any third party to comply with the instructions and proper administration of this Contest.
11. For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped #10 business size envelope to be received by April 30, 2022 to:
Attention: Contest Results – Honda Initial Quality Study
100 Dundas Street, 5th Floor
London, ON N6A 5B6
If you would like to receive these rules by mail please send a self-addressed, stamped #10 business sized envelope to the above noted address.
12. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
13. Québec Contestants: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.