Canada Electric Vehicle Consideration (EVC) Study
The J.D. Power Electric Vehicle Consideration Study helps automakers and industry players understand why more people are not yet purchasing or leasing BEVs. The survey, conducted via an online community, reflects perspectives not just from the minority of Canadian vehicle owners who’ve already purchased or leased a BEV, but the overwhelming majority who have not.
Insights derived from the study dive deep into the reasons for shopping, methods of research and informing choices, EV awareness and consideration – down to the model level – and lifestyles/interests, psychographics and demographics for further informing BEV marketing and product positioning strategies, along with consumer education opportunities.
Study insights provide answers to the following key stakeholder questions, among others:
- Which BEV models do people know about – or not?
- Which BEV models are people considering – or not? Why?
- Which are they cross-shopping the most?
- What specifically is preventing people from considering BEVs?
- What actions can be taken to address reasons for avoiding BEVs?
- How can BEVs best be marketed to unique customer segments?
- Where and how are people shopping and informing choices about vehicles?
- How are different information resources influencing people’s consideration of BEVs?