For automotive manufacturers, an effective website is critical. It serves as a major portal of information for new-vehicle shoppers during the selection process, assists them in narrowing their consideration set, and helps them identify key vehicle features and benefits. Well-designed aspects of website appearance, navigation, and speed enhance shoppers’ ability to locate specific content, helping to drive traffic to show rooms. Each of these aspects will continue to be an important part of the overall design strategy as vehicle manufacturers execute site designs across multiple device types, including tablets and smartphones.
The J.D. Power U.S. Manufacturer Website Evaluation Study Cross-DeviceSM (MWESxD), conducted semiannually, examines the features and content of OEM-hosted websites across all devices that shoppers find useful and engaging when shopping online for a new vehicle. This study looks at what content shoppers are using when evaluating manufacturer websites. The study helps direct improvements to manufacturers’ websites that ultimately drive traffic to dealerships and increase the likelihood of sales.
A study subscription provides in-depth information that will allow your company to understand how to:
- Increase website effectiveness
- Create and maintain a site that stays ahead of the curve in terms of content, appearance, navigation, and speed
- Estimate return on investment for proposed site changes and enhancements
- Evaluate competitive site comparison features based on Voice of the Customer data and expert analysis
- Insights from customers using desktops, mobile sites, tablets to access websites
The features and content that various device users find most useful J.D. Power’s research solutions enable automotive companies to target those performance activities that have a direct impact on ROI.