The 2018 Honda Initial Quality Study
Share This Page
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. No purchase or survey completion is necessary to enter or win. Completing the survey does not improve one’s chances of winning. The Honda Initial Quality Study (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry in the Contest. Employees and the immediate family of employees of J.D. Power and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, and advertising and promotion agencies and persons domiciled with such persons, are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse. Contest starts April 1, 2018 12:01 a.m. and ends March 31, 2019, 5:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
2. There are two ways to enter the Contest.
a) To enter by completing the Survey: By completing the survey in its entirety, you will be automatically entered in the Contest. You may enter one (1) additional time via mail. Only one (1) e-mail address per entrant and only one entrant per e-mail address. Internet entries received other than through the survey URL are invalid.
Survey must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on March 31, 2019.
b) To enter without completing the Survey: Neatly hand print your full name, address (including postal code), telephone number (including area code), birth date plus an active e-mail address on a 3" x 5" card and mail it in a #10 business size envelope to:
Attention: Contest Entry – Honda Initial Quality Study
161 Bay St, 27th Floor
Toronto, ON M5J 2S1
Mail entries must be postmarked by March 31, 2019 and received by J.D. Power by April 8, 2019.
c) No person may submit more than a total of two (2) Contest entries, regardless of the method of entry. Multiple mail-in entries must be submitted in separately mailed envelopes. Submitting more than two (2) Contest entries in total constitutes a violation of the rules and automatically disqualifies the person so acting from the Contest.
No mechanically or electronically reproduced entries are allowed.
3. J.D. Power is not responsible for mail or electronic transmissions that are lost, late, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, delayed, misdirected or postage-due. J.D. Power is also not responsible for any typographical errors in any materials relating to the Contest or for any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Incomplete non-conforming or illegible entries will be disqualified. Contest materials void if reproduced, forged, damaged, altered or tampered with in any way, if they are obtained outside authorized legitimate channels, or if they contain printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors. Multiple entries processed by scripting, computerization, and other mechanical means or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
4. Three (3) prizes of $500 gas gift cards will be awarded. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winners in claiming or using their prizes will be the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitutes. J.D. Power reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
5. The drawing for the prizes will take place on April 22, 2019 at 3:00pm. Winners to be determined in random drawings from all eligible entries received by J.D. Power, whose decisions are final on all matters pertaining to the Contest. Odds of winning prizes in the random drawings depend on the total number of qualified entries received. All entries become the property of J.D. Power and none will be returned.
6. Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant must correctly answer, unassisted, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, which will be administered by telephone.
7. J.D. Power may withdraw, amend or terminate the Contest at any time or any reason without prior notice but subject to applicable laws. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest cannot be executed as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of J.D. Power that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, J.D. Power reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in its entirety. If the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, J.D. Power reserves the right to stop accepting all entries and to select winners for the prize by random drawing from among all eligible entries received as at such time, including all those received via mail.
8. Winners will be notified by mail or e-mail on or about five (5) days after the drawing. All winners will be required to execute and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within seven (7) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable; no substitutions allowed. Any taxes are solely the responsibility of each prize winner.
9. By entering, winners consent to the use of their names, place of residence, photographs, likenesses and/or biographical information for advertising and promotion purposes in any and all media without limitation and without compensation, except where prohibited by law.
10. By entering, unless prohibited by law, participants agree that J.D. Power, its affiliated companies and subsidiaries, its and their respective officers, directors, employees and retailers shall have no liability in connection with the acceptance or use of the prizes awarded. Entrants also agree that such entities are not responsible or liable for any damage to an entrant's or third party's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from any part of the Contest.
11. Prize winners’ names will be posted on or about five (5) days after draw takes place at http://canada.jdpower.com/contests. Alternatively, to be notified of the Prize Winners please send a self-addressed, stamped #10 business size envelope to be received by April 30, 2019 to:
Attention: Contest Results – Honda Initial Quality Study
161 Bay St, 27th Floor
Toronto, ON M5J 2S1
If you would like to receive these rules by mail please send a self-addressed, stamped #10 business sized envelope to the above noted address.
12. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
13. Québec Contestants: In Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.