Project Profile: Customer Experience Strategic Assessment
Share This Page
A Global Insurance Multi-line Provider
A global insurance provider wanted to significantly improve overall customer satisfaction, beginning with the personal auto claims experience. The client needed a credible third party to assess their customers’ current experience and to identify and prioritize the performance improvement opportunities that would have the greatest impact on satisfaction.
The client engaged J.D. Power to conduct an Insurance Claims Assessment. This solution not only helped the client identify service gaps through a series of performance assessments, but also provided a blueprint for developing a sustainable customer experience strategy, accelerating improvement initiatives, and achieving meaningful results.
J.D. Power established a baseline measure and identified service gaps using a five-phase process to assess brand performance in all facets of the customer experience, including:
- Conducting Strategic Leadership Interviews among 15 cross-functional subject matter executives and personnel to understand employee roles and responsibilities, key internal processes, current customer experience strategy and methods of measurement, and the company’s overall business goals
- Completing a Customer Experience Measurement Assessment of current internal survey sampling practices, instruments, methodology, reporting, and how the information is being used within the company
- Executing an Insurance Claims Voice of the Customer (VOC) Data Analysis to measure brand performance associated with key customer experience activities in order to identify specific service gaps
- Conducting Customer Interaction Channel Assessments of call center activities and claims adjuster interactions to measure brand performance relative to KPIs and adherence to critical processes that drive customer-centric performance
- Developing a Prioritized Action Plan Report using a VOC impact simulator based on assessment findings in order to provide prioritized recommendations balanced against client business goals, culture, and ability to resource and implement actions
Working closely with key client stakeholders, J.D. Power facilitated development of a fully integrated and prioritized action plan report that identified several performance improvement recommendations including:
- Closing key performance indicator service gaps
- Initiating an ongoing customer experience training program
- Measuring customer experience metrics and integrating them into business goals
The Insurance Claims Assessment provided the client with a business case to justify resources and amend internal processes, policies, and channel management practices in order to develop and sustain a satisfying auto claims customer experience strategy.